We are turning to you, our Toonie Tour family, to help us through these uncertain times.
Thank you for your generosity and support!
Support Canadian Small Business
Toonie Tours started in 2018 with an admiration of the accessible, informative, and community-based Free Walking Tour. Our mission statement: discovering, sharing, and continuing the great Canadian story.
As we found out, many of our customers loved the Canadian stories we told, such as that of our local hero Terry Fox, the God-fearing pioneers that shaped the land, the rich First Nation heritage and culture, and the war-time tales honoring our vets and fallen soldiers.
The amazing response to our vision encouraged us to get ready for 2020, projected to be the biggest tourism year in Canada yet!
Pre-COVID, our business invested in:
- Researching new branch locations (including Toronto)
- Setting up a new office in Victoria, with new offerings ready for the cruise season
- Developing 5 new products specifically tailored to kids and educational tours – did someone say a STEM tour including the Gastown Steam Clock?? So cool!
- Building a program to streamline our guide training and raise the bar of tour guide standards.
- Investment in a Vancouver Gastown office for a new Toonie Tours headquarters.
Since temporarily closing in March 2020, we have developed products that are available online during the public health restrictions.
However, we are now at the end of our ability to service our loan and are facing bankruptcy.
We are looking toward our community to help us through the challenging time and to continue to support us in our efforts of sharing the great Canadian story.
Please consider contributing to our cause. We thank you graciously for your generosity.