Tours & Activities in Calgary
The Bike Tour of Calgary
A Ride to Write Home About!
ABOUT THEThe Bike Tour of Calgary
**Please note – Previous Bike Experience is Required**
The 3-hour Bike Tour of Calgary will connect you to a large footprint through the eyes of a local guide.
Together we will ride like the locals do and discover all that Calgary has to offer! This bike tour will take you through the bike-friendly streets of Calgary, and into the amazing trails that spread throughout, most notably beside the crown jewel of city: the Bow River. With its widespread points of interest, the cycling tour is the transportation mode of choice!
Your Bike Tour of Calgary starts and ends at one of our local partners, the Sandman Signature Calgary Downtown Hotel, where you will hop on a Toonie Tours bike. We will share the stories and nuances of the city at large. Toonie Tours Calgary is excited to lead the way and connect you to the past, present, and future of Calgary.
Don’t Limit Calgary to the Downtown Core
There is so much more to see outside of the downtown core in Calgary. Come experience places like Fort Calgary, Inglewood, Prince’s Island Park, the Bow River, and so much more. Your local Toonie Tour guide will captivate your imagination with stories of Cowtown’s humble beginnings as a trading post, to its current status as “The Energy Capital.” While our most popular tour is the Free Walking Tour, the bike tour of Calgary is for those looking for that extra escape.
A Fun, Active and Exciting Way to See the Sights
The bike tour of Calgary is one of the most fun and exciting things you can do in Calgary. We will escape the busy city streets of Calgary’s downtown core and wind our way down the lazy Bow River. This tour is at a fun, comfortable pace, although it should be noted that previous biking experience is required. We’ll get into some beautiful parks that surround Calgary, allowing us great photo opportunities and that uplifting breathe of fresh air.
Bike Tours in a Nutshell
The Bike Tour of Calgary is the best way to see the city for those who are active, and want to explore every corner of what there is to be found!
(including taxes and fees)
What Should I Bring?
- A sense of humor and adventure!
- Comfortable footwear
- Water bottle
- Secured camera
- Appropriate clothing for the weather (sunglasses, gloves, etc.)
- Tips for your guide ($5-10 tells your guide you had an excellent experience)
- Bike rental & helmet
- English-speaking tour guide
- Please arrive at meeting point 10-15 MINUTES PRIOR to your tour. The tour departs promptly at the time scheduled. Before we leave we will adjust a bicycle for you, get you suited up with a helmet, and have you complete a waiver.
- Parking must be obtained for at least 3 HOURS.
- As we respect the time of all guests on our tour, late comers will risk the tour leaving without them.
- The is a washroom break roughly 1 hour into the tour.
- Please bring water and a comfortable backpack. The bikes are equipped with a water bottle holder & basket, but too much weight in a basket increases the difficulty of the ride.